Hello from Ethiopia! We are here & doing great! Internet has been down, and so this is the first i'm able to write. I won't be able to write a lot, but just wanted you all to know that we are okay. One surprise....Abnet is actually Abinet : ) We've been spending a lot of time at Hannah's Hope. And already were able to meet with Abinet's mom...more to come once we get back. The group we have traveled with is WONDERFUL! We are having so much fun! I can't wait to tell you all everything! & for those of you waiting for referalls...oh man, have I taken lots of pictures! please continue to pray for all of the families....there is definitly some sprititual warfare going on. Everyone's doing good, but it is hard & your prayers would be appreciated.
Not sure if i'll be able to update again before we leave...but we love you all & can't wait to fill you in with everything!
~amy
7 comments:
OH AMY... I have checked your blog every day just hoping to hear something. I am so glad you got to write. I can't wait to hear all about it!
MUCH LOVE !!!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
What will you do about the name?
Abinet... is that pronouced just like it is said?
I see that you spelled Abinet a new way. We can handle that. So glad you could blog also. Our prayers are with every one there and God will know the needs. Thanks. Love you all God Bless Gaylene
Yeah! Glad to hear you are there! Isn't it just wonderful! Oh how I wish we were going back sometime soon!
Can't wait to hear more!
Smiles,
jen in MI
I'm so glad you are all well. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see lots of pic's.
Congratulation for having and holding your handsome son, Abnet.
About his name,
It must be a spelling error. Your son name must be written in Latin as “Abnet”. Ab means Father (God-like in the name of father…). A human father in Amharic is Abat and mother is Enat. Leji in Amharic is child and his is your wond Leji(son). Wond means male. Siet Leji is a Daughter. Siet means Female. You’re his Ababa(abaye) and Emama(Emaye) meaning Daddy and mammy. Abnet means God ness. Abinet is not known as an Ethiopian name and has no meaning at all.
And leji= one child; (Somewhere I saw written Ahnd leji. This is a big spelling mistake. And( “A” in Amharic reads like And’ora, America and the likes not like ,he “and” she. Each and every Amharic voice has own letter. For this reason ‘H’ which is a consonant represents here no Amharic voice at all.
If you are interested,
Numbers in Amharic are:
And=1, ‘A’ reads like A while calling America not A calling and
Hulet= 2 Sost=3 Arat=4 Amist=5 Sidist=6 Sebat=7 Simint=8 Zeten(Zetegn)=9
Asir=10 Asra and=11 Asra hulet=12, …, asra zeten(zetegn)=19
Haya=20 Selasa=30 Arba=40 Hamsa=50 Silsa=60 Seba=70 Semania=80 Zetena=90 Meto=100,
Have a nice stay in Ethiopia.
Amy!
I can't wait to read more about your trip and to see pictures of Abinet!!
Hi Rudy Fam! We are so excited...you must be home! Hope everything is going well! How was it????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Post a Comment