Friday, November 02, 2007

Big Sis

We got this great shirt in the mail from Jesse's sis. Thank you Melanie!
Rachel is so excited to be a big sister. Yes, her world is going to change more then she realizes, but I think overall she is going to be great. & boy does she need a sibling! She's been an only for a little too long. :)


& speaking of family, we have been truly blessed to have our family support us fully in our journey. Everyone is so excited to meet Abnet & we are so grateful that he will be loved on by everyone. It's heartbreaking to hear others' stories about how they've struggled with families who not only don't understand why they are adopting, but why they would be adopting a child of a different color. So thank you family for loving us (including Rachel & Abnet) in such a wonderful way!

7 comments:

The Redman's said...

Rachel looks so cute and excited for baby brother to come home!! Yesterday, my 4 year old told me that I needed to go and buy two more cribs--- for two more baby sisters from Ethiopia!! :) Enjoy this exciting time as you're getting ready for Abnet! Is Racehl traveling with you guys? Feel free to email if you have travel/packing questions!
-Suzi

Anonymous said...

Rachel like your shirt. We will love Abnet just like all the others. Falling more in ove with him every picture that arrives. And I love his name. Love Gaylene

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to have such a loving, supportive family. Rachel will be a great big sis I'm sure. It is so fun to watch them bond.

Karyn said...

Oh--he's adorable!!!!! So, so sweet. Of course, I'm partial to boys. :-)

I hadn't checked the blog in a couple of days (fyi--two take up WAY more time than one used to), and I missed the big news!

Congratulations!!! We are all so excited for you. Boys are so much fun, and Abnet is super cute.

We're praying you'll get to travel sooner rather than later.

Love, Karyn for all

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on your court date. I found your blog while reading others. Your son is beautiful!! I am waiting on my court date, 11/15 and if all goes well will travel 12/7. Maybe I'll see you in Ethiopia:-)

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on your court date. I found your blog while reading others. Your son is beautiful!! I am waiting on my court date, 11/15 and if all goes well will travel 12/7. Maybe I'll see you in Ethiopia:-)

obligato said...

I AM WATCHING YOUR BLOG EVERYDAY TO SEE WHEN U ARE TRAVELING! SO EXCITING!!