Friday, November 16, 2007

7 DAYS!!!!

okay I know it's been a while since I've posted anything...but things are going as you probably figured...CRAZY!!! I can not believe we leave in a week! I'm trying to get our house in order, b/c while we are gone, my parents (who live overseas) are coming into town and will be staying here w/ Rachel. So I also need to have everything written out for them, so they know when & where Rachel needs to be at things that week.

We also have a dog, and being that we are leaving Thanksgiving weekend, but didn't know until a couple of weeks ago, ALL kennels are full. It's crazy...they book up at least 6 weeks before Thanksgiving! But thankfully, we've had a couple of offers from the teenagers we have discipleship with that they would be willing to watch her...let's just hope their parents think it's a good idea too! :) So other than that, this weekend is going to continue to be crazy! We are going to try to get everything packed this weekend, squeezing everything into 4 bags. (hopefully most of the bags will be full of stuff for Hannah's Hope.)

This weekend is also a sad weekend for us, b/c our good friends (who also are our church's youth pastor & wife) are moving. So we are going to a couple of goodbye parties for them, but I just can't seem to get my head around that they are really leaving. It's been hard too, b/c we've been so busy with getting ready for Abnet that I feel like we haven't really been able to be there for them. Please pray for them as they make this transition. (& us too as we will miss them terribly)

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Awe, you guys have been great. Don't feel bad. It's a busy time for ya'll. You can make it up to us by coming to visit. We can't wait to miss Abnet!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you will be losing your friends. Hope you can go visit. 7 days, time will go really fast now. God Bless I wish I could see that magic moment when you botoh take Abnet into your arms and you see his big brown eyes. Hope you can get a vidio or somethingt. Gaylene

Anonymous said...

I remember this time last year when Kim and her mother were getting ready to leave for China...lists and shopping and packing and decision-making. Get rest when you can!
--tonya