Friday, November 23, 2007

We're Off

We leave for the airport in about 7 hours! It still hasn't completely hit me yet! Rachel is with my sister for Thanksgiving, so I had to say goodbye to her on Wednesday. It was really weird, I just kept thinking how this was the last time it would just be the three of us...it's just weird that the next time we'll see Rachel we'll have her little brother with us! Very exciting!

Here's a schedule to give you a little bit of an idea of what we'll be doing while we are in Ethiopia.

Saturday: we'll arrive Saturday morning, and get to go to Hannah's Hope and meet Abnet!
Sunday: we'll go to church in the morning, and then have some free time in the afternoon.
Monday: Today we'll do all of our paperwork & go to the embassy to apply for Abnet's visa.
Tuesday: We'll have a chance to go the a government run orphanage, and also to a hospital.
Wednesday: Our visa should be ready today.
Thursday: Leave this evening.
Friday: arrive back in D.C. @7:30am

I'm not sure if we will be able to blog while we are in Ethiopia. I've heard rumors that blogger doesn't work while you are there, so we'll have to see.

Thanks for all your prayers! We are so excited and a little nervous, but we just can't wait till we are there!

7 comments:

A Team said...

It's like the first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up... YOU GUYS ARE ON YOUR WAY TO MEET YOUR SON!
I am so excited for you!!! I can hardly stand it!
Praying for you and thinking of you and can't wait to hear the details!
Sincerely,
The Ancelets

Anonymous said...

You have been in the air 31/2 hrs or so. Hard to believe you are finally getting to go oget your son, our Grandson. God Bless the 4 of you. Love Grandma Gaylene

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amy! I hope you're having a smooth plane ride right now and everything goes well! I'm so happy that you get to meet your new son in just a few short hours.

Julie Hodges

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see lots of pic's!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see lots of pic's and hear all about your trip. Hopefully you can blog there. =)

A Team said...

Amy...

I can't wait to hear how things are going. I check your blog everyday... though I know that blogging is probably the last thing on your mind right now as you are with your SON. It is soooo amazing. can't wait to see you guys united!
Sincerely,
Tracie

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessy and Amy,

May God Bless you on your journey and bring you home safely with your new son. I hope you both realize what a wonderful couple you are and what a wonderful thing you are doing for Abinet. You are truly blessed. Love and safe travels...

Jody Hill