Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kiddies Fun Park


Rachel & I went on a mission today to try to find a park that is open before 4pm. We succeeded! We went to the main park in Colombo which is called Viharamahadevi. Yes, you should have heard me try to tell the tuktuk driver where we wanted to go. Thankfully he was very patient, and really was gracious in trying to figure out what I was trying to say.


We were greeted at the park by Buddha...which is very common. There are statues of him everywhere. There were not a lot of kids there, b/c most kids are in school, but Rachel enjoyed going on the swings.


After ice cream we headed home...and just in time too. This morning was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. When we got home, I put the clothes out on the line to dry, and 5 minutes later it started to pour. I mean really pour; I have never seen so much rain fall. Last night we had a really bad storm too. In fact, Jesse & I both work up b/c our bedroom door kept opening & shutting b/c of the storm pressure. So we are definitely in monsoon season.

No comments: