Monday, June 26, 2006
Crazy TukTuk Driver
Okay, so last night we had the craziest tuktuk driver we've ever had! The driving here is insane anyway, but I seriously thought we were sure to get in an accident last night. We were on our way home from dinner & grocery shopping last night, we were on the main road in Colombo (Galle Road)...well it is usually a 4 lane road, but around the president's home they have the road merge to just a 2 lane road, but our driver didn't really feel like staying in his lane, so was straddling the center lane with oncoming traffic coming our way. I don't know where he thought he was going, it is a very busy road, and there is no way he could've passed anyone. He also ran red lights, and didn't really like slowing down for turns. I have never been happier to reach home! I wish I could've tapped it all for you to see, b/c words just don't do it justice. : ) But I think if I ever see him again, I'm running in the other direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment