
Today we took a tuktuk to the beach and walked along what I guess you could call its boardwalk. It was nice to get out of the hotel for a while. It was very hot though, good thing we had our umbrella to shield the sun at least a little bit.


We then tried to go to the mall, but once we got there realized that all the shops are closed on Sunday. There was a grocery store open though so we went in there to look around. It was amazing to see what they did have and what they didn’t. For example, they had lots of cereals…all Kellogg’s brand, but no soups. I am sure I will realize a little more of what I really will miss once I have to start cooking again. Once we left there, we walked along one of the main roads, and Rachel spied McDonalds, so we decided to eat there for lunch. It was nice, and it was great to have ice cream on such a hot day. Rachel enjoyed playing with some kids on the playground they had.

We then headed back to the hotel for a quick nap. Then one of our contacts here, (a guy from our church’s dad) came to meet up with us. He took Jesse & John out for another tour, while I stayed in to let Rachel sleep. When went out again that evening for dinner. Went to a really nice hotel/apartment complex. Very expensive to live there, but really nice!
1 comment:
So great to see pictures of where you are and how you are fitting in to your new "home." Keep 'em coming.
James
Post a Comment