This is who we are staying with. They have an incredible ministry here. They are not themselves working with a mission group. Jim is working with a company here. But that does not mean they are not doing ministry. They found a great big house (for actually less then everything we are finding) and they basically run a guest house for missionaries, who need a place to stay but can’t afford to stay in hotels. Most people stay in the main house, they are graciously letting us stay in a small apartment that is in the basement part of their house. It’s 2 bedroom, living area/dining area, small kitchen, and bathroom.
They have new people here every night. It's been really fun to meet people and here what they are doing all over Uganda.
We can have dinner with them every night M-F, which is wonderful, since I’m not comfortable yet, with figuring out how to make anything here yet. & let's be honest anytime i can get out of making dinner I will. : )
Esther (the wife) has a wealth of knowledge to give me. She is completely a type A person, and is sometimes a little overwhelming for me, but I know in the long run it will be great. For example, she already has set up for me to interview house help on Thursday!?! I don’t even have a house yet, but she thinks it will be good to have her start now a couple days a week just helping with the apartment, and then I’ll know if I would want to keep her on or not. But there is still an interview! I have no idea what to ask this dear lady? Can you clean? okay great ; ) I know I’m an idiot, but it’s quite overwhelming to me.
I am just really ready to get into our own place. It’s just really hard for me to have to be in someone’s else’s space with 3 young kids. Again they have been wonderful, but it's always nice to have your own space.
I will try to post pictures soon, but I haven’t found my cord that connects my camera to the computer.
3 comments:
Thanks for getting news to us. I tried to comment before and never came through. So thankful you are all o.k. Good luck with interviewing your lady. Glad everyone is so gracious. Looking forward to photos to see where you will be living. Gaod Bless and take care Grandma Gaylene and Grandpa Bill
Hi Amy -
Where in Kampala are you staying?? I work at a Christian School and we send a team every June to help out with an Orphanage. They usually stay about 2 weeks at "God Cares", Paster Dongo is the guy that runs it.. Anyway just thought I'd let you know. I'll try to find out more info. if you'd like.
Marilee "Officer" Gundlach
Amy,
So good to catch up on your blog and to see you have arrived.......WITHOUT the swine flu~ :)
I will be checking in regularly and hoping you find "your" home and space soon. I can only imagine how difficult with 3 young ones. DO NOT cancel that interview.....hook yourself up, don't forget to ask if she can cook!
Andrea
(we met at Christie Schnable's house for a LEAN get together)
Post a Comment