There are also spiders. Thankfully I haven’t seen any big ones yet! But we do have those jumping spiders...which for me are just as bad. I had a traumatic experience with one back in high school (remember that mom?!).
Today I picked up the bath mat in the bathroom to hang it up to dry, and look what i found.
Yes millipedes. I don’t know why these creep me out as much as they do, but they do. and it really grossed me out b/c i could have easily stepped on them. I had seen two by our front door before but Jesse was around to get them out, this time he was not. So I had to muster up some courage and try to get them on a piece of paper so i could throw them out. By the time I had found a big enough piece of paper one had already crawled under Isaac’s car seat (which was just sitting on the floor). I moved the car seat, but as I did I accidentally cut the sucker in half! Both halves were still moving. That’s just wrong! Needless to say, I finally got them both out of my house, and we now make sure we pick up the bath mat as soon as we are done taking a shower.
We’ve had one more bug bother the Rudy household... the stomach bug. Poor Levi had a temp for about 24 hours and started throwing up. I then got it the next day. Thankfully I am feeling better today. Just really weak, but at least it’s not malaria. Hopefully no one else comes down with anything!
There is one good thing....
at least we have him to help us out! (just in case you can't tell it's a lizard, i tried to get a closer picture but that just scared him away)
6 comments:
Oh, what an adventure you are on!! When I was there, my group came up with several songs about all the bugs we encountered!! To the "Cops" theme song: "Bad bugs, bad bugs, whatchya gonna do, watchya gonna do when they come for you...."!!!!!
My favorite were the 4-6 in. long flying cockroaches!! :)
Thank goodness for the helpful lizard.
Suzie, this is great! I'll have to teach Rachel the song! thankfully i've only seen one of those cockroaches...and fortunately for me it was dead. I'm praying right now that i never find one of those in my bed, 'cause if i do i might not make it! : )
oh Amy, bless your heart... do you feel like they are crawling all over you? I would, in fact, I itch a little from looking at those pics.
oh my, creepy huh??? Hope you don't have big spiders. I couldn't handle that Ha. How are the kids doing in new enviorment???? Let us know. Love you and miss you Hope and pray Levi is o.k. now. Love Gaylene
It's great hearing from you and I'm loving following along in your journey! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy
Totally with you on the bugs and the gecko. We have a family of geckos that have been living in our garage... and they can stay there as long as they want! I noticed the mosquito nets - did everyone have to get a malaria shot?
Post a Comment