After leaving Jesse's parents house at 2:30pm, we finally got home this morning at 9:30am! What a day :) Our flight was supposed to leave Nebraska at 6:30 Monday evening, but there was a storm hitting Chicago, where we had a lay over, and so we didn't leave till about 10:00pm. We arrived in Chicago around 11:30pm, and obviously missed our connection flight home. Since it's weather related the airlines don't put you up in a hotel, but they gave us a number to call to see if there were any hotel rooms available. There were not. So we tried to get comfy on the floor of the terminal and tried to get at least 5 hours of sleep before our morning flight. Thankfully Rachel was able to sleep. I don't know how...it was freezing, and we had no blankets. Jesse slept about 3 hours, I think I got about 1 1/2. (since having Rachel I've become the lightest sleeper!)

We were able to get on the first flight out to come home. Jesse had a busy day today. He ran home to take a shower and had to run to work. He has to be dying by now. Hopefully he will be able to come home early and get a good night sleep.
But besides the plane trip home we had a great time! I'll write more later, and I have lots of pictures! :)
1 comment:
sorry your flight got so lenthy and you got hardly any sleep. Hope you are caught up. Tke care Love Gaylene
Post a Comment