Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Trip to Nebraska- part 1

Our trip was a lot of fun! The first couple of days we were out at Jesse's dads. We went to Grand Island for fireworks. Jesse and I were amazed at how many people buy their own fireworks. We actually thought at one point we were missing the main show, but when we pulled up to the park, we realized that it was just another family putting off their own. Here in Virginia not many people do their own fireworks...and definitely not to the scale that they do in Nebraska. Here's Rachel with her cousin Kohl.


Rachel got to go fishing for the first time as well. & she actually caught something! She really enjoyed fishing with Grandpa & daddy. She even avoided getting chiggers (daddy & grandpa weren't so lucky).


& I did something for the first time too. I shot a gun. I know, I know, this is not like me, but I promise I wasn't shooting at anything alive...although Trapper (their dog) almost got shot a couple of times. It was actually pretty fun trying to get the cans. Here you can see the damage I did on one can.



& here's a picture just for you Julie :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, WOW BEAUTIIFUL SUNSET WE HAVE!!!! good piture of rachel and kohl. thats a huge fish that you caught with jessie and grandpa love grandma heres kohl hey rachel hope you had a good time here in grand island and grandmas see you in september {kohl}

Anonymous said...

wow great sunset we have!!!! big fish rachel glad you had fun love grandma
from kohl that was a big fish you caught hope you had fun in grand island and at grandmas see you in september

Julie and Brian said...

You're a fabulous marksman... I'll sign you up for the NRA as soon as I get back to Texas. Good sunset pic, too! I never knew Nebraska to be so picturesque...