Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ethiopian Get Together


On Sunday afternoon we had another Ethiopian get together with other families who have either already adopted or are in the process. This time it was about 1 1/2 hours away in Maryland. The house was amazing. It was one of those places that you can only dream of, & the family was so wonderful as well! (I didn't get many pictures of the afternoon, sorry... but at least you can see my dream house.)


It was great to catch up with some of the couples we had met at the first one, and to also meet some new folks as well. I always feel energized after these events. I think I can get bogged down with the paperwork, and this just reminds me that our day will come too. :)

Paperwork Update: I was hoping to get our dossier in the mail today, but no such luck. Hopefully soon.

6 comments:

Julie and Brian said...

Good grief, I'm with you on the house! It's beautiful! I'm glad you've been able to get so involved with the Ethiopian adoption community :-)

Amy said...

I think you guys are close to DC right?? If so, my friend Anne (her blog is on my page..it is called Adoption of Elizabeth Alem) she and her family are involved in an Ethiopian adoption group...I don't know about the other families, but Anne and her family are so so sweet. If you are close, you should contact her! Congrats on almost having the dossier completed..thats huge!

Anonymous said...

Wow, their home is beautiful. I could get used to that. Hope you dosier gets their soon. Love Gaylene

Anonymous said...

I went in on the blog Ethiopia or bust and saw that little Silas. He is adorable. Can hardly wait to see who God picks for all of you Gaylene

Amy B. said...

I just found your blog. We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia as well. Our site is www.ourjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com
I will look forward to following your journey. Blessings, Amy

Anne said...

Hi. My name is Anne and my husband Mike and I (as indicated by Amy's nice post) live in the area also and returned in March with our new baby girl from Ethiopia. We missed this last get together two weeks ago :( but we were at the one in Arlington in April. I am not sure if we met, because we actually met a lot of new people at that get together (the groups has grown SOOO much every time we meet, it used to be a quite small group). Anyways- so cool that you live so close and are keeping this great blog. Not too many of the families in the mid-atlantic group have blogs, so I am excited to read and follow yours. See you at the next midatlantic get-together!!
-Anne :)