We have our homestudy!!!! Thank you all so much for your prayers on this! I know it's the only reason we got it before she left on vacation! We received our completed, notarized homestudy in the mail yesterday! Like I said before our social worker is not to good with details...she didn't even write our address right on the envelope. :) But I looked over it & not one mistake! Thank you Lord!
I sent in a copy to the CIS (citizenship & immigration services) today. The CIS is basically the U.S. government approving us to adopt. We have already done our fingerprinting with them, but obviousilly they can't approve us until they can review our homestudy.
I've heard it is taking a while...about 9 weeks. I guess there is one lady who reviews them for the whole state of Virginia and she lives in West Virginia, so only comes in once a week to pick up homestudies and to drop off her recommendations.
We are getting everything together to send in our dossier tomorrow...I am so excited that we are finally moving forward! Thanks for all your prayers! We love you!
3 comments:
YAY! I'm so happy for ya'll and glad that you won't have to worry about it over vacation. One step closer to a sibling for Rachel!!
Love,
Julie
Wow! You're having the best day ever! Now, go rock out to Harry for me! kj
Am so happy for you God ans. prayers. This is great news. So happy for you. Love ya Gaylene
Post a Comment