Monday, May 28, 2007

Our 7th Anniversary


Jesse & I celebrated our 7th anniversary on Saturday. I can't tell you enough of how lucky I am to be married to such a great man. Here are 7 things that I love about him.... (in no particular order)

1. He's the most honest man I've ever met
2. He gives the world's best back massages!
3. He loves God
4. He's a great dad! (Just ask Rachel!)
5. He's Thoughtful...for example he always puts the toilet seat down! (since we have been married he has not once left it up!)
6. He's a hard worker (at whatever he is doing)
7. He is always thinking of how he can show others God's love

I could go on and on, but most of you know how great Jesse is anyway! (told you I was lucky)

Last night he surprised me by taking me away for the night. He had his brother, Matt (who by the way is living with us for the summer) watch Rachel, and then we went to downtown D.C.


He had booked a room at the Grand Hyatt...really nice! He had planned to go to dinner at a restaurant along the Potomac River, but right around 7pm it started to pour, so we decided to go to an indoor restaurant instead. : ) We went to a great Irish Pub, The Dubliner. It was so nice to be able to have a nice, LONG dinner! We sat there just talking for at least 2 hours. (the little things you enjoy after having kids)


Then we headed down to the Mall to look at some of the monuments at night. They are beautiful!





Needless to say we had a wonderful time. Thank you God for giving me such a perfect other half! : )

1 comment:

Julie and Brian said...

Awe! That's so sweet! I'm glad you had such a great anniversary. We've got #2 coming up, so we're 5 years behind you!