Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Aunt

I received terrible news last night. My Aunt Kathy, my mom's younger sister, passed away in her sleep. This was very unexpected and is obviously hard on everyone. My parents were able to find flights out of Austria and are on their way there now. The viewing will be Friday and the funeral on Saturday. It has been very hard being so far away. I have searched frantically for flights to get back, but they are all full & by the time I can get on a flight I won't arrive till Sunday evening. Jesse is still in Thailand & was just waiting to see if we could find something. So needless to say I am very sad that I will not be able to be there with my family during this time.

Please pray for my family during this difficult time. My aunt is leaving behind her husband, Ron; her two kids, Matthew & Katie; Matthew's wife Melissa & their two kids; my grandmother, and my mom. She will be sorely missed. If you've ever met her you know her energy for life was contagious. The only comfort we hold on to is knowing that she is with the Lord. Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Bummed that you're not able to get out... I'm praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

#10 — Sorry about the news and not being able to get back in time. We are praying for you and your family. Your aunt and your mom were always a kick together. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Anonymous said...

Amy and Rachel, Jess our hearts ach for you. We are so very sorry and sad for your loss. Tell your Mother we are so sorry. and so unexpected. Our hearts and prayer are with you. So sorry you couldn't get a flight. Love and hugs Gaylene