I’m attending this women’s bible study once a week. Overall it’s been really good. there are about 12 of us in the group and we come from 5 different countries. We also range in age from 23 to 60. I love the diversity. It is so great to hear so many different perspectives. One of the ladies is a fairly new christian. I love her. She asks really, really good questions. and things you would think as a more mature christian would be able to answer. And yet, i love seeing how we all struggle to answer her questions. Sometime i think we get very comfortable w/ “our” religion. We forget to keep looking and searching for what this is really all about.
This week we are going to be talking about giving. I’m interested to see how the discussion turns out. Money has been brought up in the past, usually under the question should we be giving it all away? And then right away there are strong comments that “no of course we are not supposed to give it all away” “it’s all about our heart” and although these comments could be true, I often find them not genuine. Often just said so that we don’t have to confront the fact that maybe this is what God is calling us to do. Do we really ask these questions, do we really ask God is this what he wants us to do? I know I don’t ever seem to answer these questions. They float around in my mind, and then I just go on with my daily life. But I really don’t want to miss it. I don’t want to miss what God wants for my life.
So i'll let you all know how Monday turns out, and we'll talk more :)
3 comments:
wow... I am giving a workshop at church during the women's conference and those are some questions I am going to deal with. Very exciting!!
please let me know what you come up with.... I'll post soon about monday, but i gotta find some time to sort out my thoughts first : )
Well, I did it... it is supposedly going to be on our church website in a week or so. www.fbctulsa.org
It was called simplify your finance.
Post a Comment