About an hour later he arrived, comes in not only a mask, but a whole protective outfit. Had a plastic apron type thing, a mask, and of course gloves.

It finally clicks that he thinks we might have the swine flu.

He explained that since we were from America and there has been a breakout of the swine flu that he had to call Britain's form of the CDC, and they wanted to him to get samples from us. So he does a quick examination of us, says that he thinks we all just have a bad cold, but other than that we seem good. Then proceeds to pull out long Q-tips to take cultures, which Rachel sees and proceeds to freak out. I mean throws a HUGE fit. She is crying uncontrollably and hides behind a chair. She really doesn't like getting her throat swabbed. : ) I ask him if this is really necessary. He says if it were up to him, he wouldn't do it, b/c he's pretty sure we don't have it, but that since we are leaving we need to get it done. So we line up and get both our throats and noses swabbed. Never had my nosed swabbed before and I really hope I don't ever have to again.
Not quite the doctor visit I was planning on!
2 comments:
R U SERIOUS??????????
That is crazy!
That's so bizarre. We have confirmed cases here in my county and no one is freaking out!
Post a Comment