
Would you believe me if I told you that I've been sick, in bed for the past 6 weeks? I did have the flu, and the Monday after I wrote my last post, everyone started feeling a lot better. Everyone that is except me. I started to throw up. It was at that point I knew something else was going on. And low and behold, we got the surprise of a lifetime....I'm pregnant. Needless to say this came as a huge shock to us.
For those of you who don't know all about our past, when I was pregnant with Rachel I was sick for 7 months...and I mean really sick. So after that experience I didn't know if I would ever want to get pregnant again. We also knew that we really wanted to adopt. So we decided to not get pregnant and go ahead and adopt. I debated about doing anything permanent on our end, b/c I just didn't know if I would want to get pregnant again or not. Well about 8 weeks ago, I realized that I knew I did not want to get pregnant again. I did not feel the need to have the "experience" or even have a newborn again. So Jesse and I started talking about what means we would use to make sure that I don't get pregnant. We were about 2 weeks late on the conversation. :)
The last 6 weeks have been really hard for me. Obviously, we had just brought Isaac home...I was really hoping & planning on having a lot of time to just bond with him, and let him have ample time to adjust to his new surroundings. Being pregnant throws a wrench in this, but being really sick & being pregnant, makes this impossible.
I am going to close now, b/c I'm starting to feel sick again, but wanted to update you all on what's going on. I will try to write more soon. I don't have a laptop, and sitting makes me sick, so I don't have a lot of time to write. Jesse usually brings his laptop home for me on the weekends, so I can catch up a bit on some things. So I will try to keep some updates coming. (thanks for all of you who have been concerned)
14 comments:
Oh my, Oh my, Oh my! Congratulations!!! Even though this is a very hard time for you(and that's totally understood) how exciting!! A little life is forming inside you right now! My parents had the same thing happen to them...I'm the surprize that came after they adopted my sister and brother.
Welcome Back! Thanks for sharing the great news! I will stop bugging you to come back.....I think you should rest as much as you can. I wish I lived near you I would come and help out with the kids.
Michelle
Oh Amy, it is so good to hear from you. Congratulations on the blessing of another baby in your life. I can't imagine how you are feeling (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc.), but know that I'll be praying for God to give you strength and healing.
Dee Dee
Wow, quite a shock! I'll pray you get feeling better sooner this time so you can have time with your little guy.
WHAT THE HECK?
That was the last thing I thought you were gonna say.
I thought maybe you had Malaria.. :-)
BUT YOU ARE PREGNANT.
CONGRATS
I'm so excited for you and so sorry that you get so sick.
HANG IN THERE
I'm so glad you came back to tell us where you've been...but hate to hear that you've been feeling icky still.
Congratulations on your new surprise. Isn't it fun how God works? We'll be praying for your peace -of mind and body- and understanding, too! I'm excited for you!
I suspected you were pregnant when my Facebook Feed told me the latest group you joined. :)
I am sorry that you are so sick!!!!! I hope you start to feel better and I hope you are able to get some good time with your kids during this time!
Congratulations on having another BABY!!!!!
Congratulations! When I was pregnant with my two babies, I was very sick as well. In the second pragnancy my doctor finally gave me a prescription pre-natal vitamin that had controlled release of the vitamin B or something and my nausea really got alot better.......worth a try, anyway :)
WOW! Congrats on the new baby. I'm sorry you are so sick. I hope that you will start to feel better soon and can enjoy your kids and the pregnancy at the same time.
Kathleen
Wow! Congratulations!
I know that this un-expected blessing is causing you some serious illness...but, prayerfully time will pass quickly and your new baby will be here soon-happy and healthy. we are cooking up some ideas to propose on the group list for the next local get-together. Hope you'll be feeling well enough to come.
Take Care.
Anne
Hello- I'm a friend of Erik's - my husband and I are in the same pickle as you - just brought home two babies from Ethiopia and I'm 5.5 months pregnant. I threw up the whole time we were in Ethiopia, even! I will be praying that you are not sick for much longer. Good luck!
Congratulations!! What a surprise. Oh I hope that you aren't sick for so long again. I'll be praying for endurance for you.
HOW ARE YOU?????????
Can you muster up an update??
Thinking about you!!!
Dear Amy - Congratulations on your great news. God is sure full of surprises, isn't He? We will be praying that you feel better soon. We are doing great and enjoying every minute with Peach as I'm sure you are with Issac. You have an exciting 2008 to look forward to! Liz
i don't know you- but we're currently in process with an ET adoption- I am SO sorry to hear you are so sick. I was also sick for the entire pregnancy with both my bio daughters...I know it is super miserable! I hope you have people around you who can help you through it.
Post a Comment