wow! I can't believe I am writing this! We have a referral! a referral! a referral! (if i say it enough, maybe it will really sink in!) I really wasn't expecting one for at least 3 more weeks. The majority of the families working with AGCI received a referral after waiting 2 months. (we only waited about 6 weeks!)
Last Thursday, I was reading Rachel some books, trying to get her to take a nap. The phone rang, and I decided I wouldn't answer it, but just try to continue to put Rachel down. Then I heard my cell phone ring. I figured it was Jesse just checking in. But when the main phone rang again, I realized it had to be more. I quickly tucked Rachel in, and ran to check caller id. The first number was Jesse's cell, the second one was AGCI! I immediately started to cry & shake. I then tried calling Jesse's cell, but got the answering machine right away. I hung up & check my messages. Listened to the one from Jesse..."Julie just called me, It's a good day! I'm on my way home!" I continued to cry (I don't think i have to specify that these were tears of complete joy & excitement!) I finally got a hold of Jesse, and he said he was on his way home and then we'll call Julie, and she'll give us the information. It takes Jesse about 20 minutes to get home, but I was completely beside myself! I called my sister, and she listened while I cried some more. I just could not believe that OUR DAY was here! I took some time before Jesse got home to pray. I thanked God that we have this opportunity, and I also prayed that this was the right child for us. It's very nerve wracking, to just be waiting and waiting to see who is going to join your family....i think especially since our options were very open. We didn't know if we were going to end up with siblings or not, or if we would have a girl or a boy. We just couldn't wait to find out!
Jesse finally got home, and we called Julie. She told us that there was a 3 month old little boy for us! This came to us a little of a surprise, b/c we kind of expected to be getting a sibling group, or figured that the child would be older (since we were willing to take an older child) But once Julie started telling us about him, peace just came over me. We are going to have a son! a little tiny baby son! Unfortunately I can't post his picture (not until he's legally ours).... but you'll have to take my word on it... he is just precious!
So now we have to send in all the paperwork accepting the referral, and then we wait some more. :) It usually takes about 2 months between referral and travel. But the courts are still closed, and once they reopen we don't know how this will effect us, but I am just so happy to have this little one! God is so good!
13 comments:
Wow...I could feel the emotion through your writing, and it brought tears to my eyes. I'm soooo happy for your family! I will say a prayer for your family for a smooth and speedy process to get to Ethiopia to be with your sweet baby boy. Congratulations!!!!!
Dee Dee
Hmm....for some reason my earlier post didn't go through... anyway... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How VERY exciting. If you want, email me. I took tons of pictures of the babies at HH. Maybe I have a picture of your sweet little guy! Enjoy this exciting time!
-Suzi
suzi_little@hotmail.com
What a sweet story you guys! I cried reading it! He is a cutie pie! Yah Yah Yah! Congratulations!
Woo-hoo!!!
That's so awesome!
Congrats! I'm so happy for you! This means that you should have him by Christmas!! YAY!
Love,
Julie
i cant believe its you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i emailed u on the agci listserve... my name is obligato on the listserve. u wrote me back!!! congrats thats amazing! i cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! We are in he application process and are dreaming about the day you are experiencing. Thanks for sharing.
Jami
Congratulations!We are in the application process and dreaming of the day that are experiencing. Thanks for sharing!
Jami
So exciting. Made me cry too reading your blog. That is fantastic. And he is so adorable and so precious. Can hardly wait to get my hands on him. God Bless the four of you and will make the process go fast for travel soon. Love Grandma Gaylene
Oh my goodness Amy, you are adopting a baby! Congratulations, I am so excited for you guys. I will be praying that all the details works out quickly so you can go get that little boy. I was reading back through your blog and it was so fun catching up on your life. You'll have to email me your home address. Congratulations again... Love you, Erin
Yahooooooooooo! Congratulations - that is such wonderful news - I look forward to following your amazing adventure!
Congratulations!!! I found your blog through Julie Beeler's blog! How exciting for your family!
God bless,
Abby
I am glad you wrote out your experience on referral day! I can imagine the emotions are intense! Congratulations again!! We are so very happy for you and can't wait to meet your son!
Post a Comment