First off if you want to get any laundry done, you have to make sure that you start by 8:30am, or it won't get done by the time you go to bed. We do have a wash machine, but as you can see by the picture it is a small washer, and not only that, but the 2:49 on the washer....that is how long it takes to do a load...yes 2 hours and 49 minutes.

So after the laundry is clean, you then have to hang it out to dry. Not a big deal, but in rainy season, it can be a pain. And since it is so humid out, it takes all day to dry, & I mean all day. This is again why you have to make sure you put the laundry in first thing in the morning. If you can get it out by noon, it is usually dry by about 8pm.

Then the next day is ironing. Because everything is line dried, it's not very soft, so ironing tends to help. Thankfully Rachel loves to iron! : )

I miss the old days when I could do 3 loads of laundry a day, and it really only requiring about 15 minutes of my time. But I am very grateful I don't have to do it by hand!
3 comments:
Hi. Sorry laundry takes so long. and the line drying has to be a pain. And Rachel looks adorable doing her ironing. No burns yet or is it turned on????? No deer here yet. Sorry i missed you this am. miss you all so much but feel bad we don't get you called/ Love ya Gaylene
I LOVE the pic of Rachel ironing!! Montessori is very big on teaching children how to do things like that at a young age - when they LOVE to do it, as Rachel does - but our society is so paranoid about children doing any work that might be dangerous. I'm thrilled that you're letting her have that experience! :-)
Wow! Thanks for some perspective. I whine and moan every time laundry day rolls around. Now I will think of you and (hopefully) appreciate the convenience of laundry in the US. Thanks for keeping up your blog. It's fun to read what's going on.
Love, Karyn
Post a Comment