Tuesday, February 22, 2011

update

Just a quick update on the elections. Museveni was announced the winner (he's the current president & has been for the past 25 years) which was a surprise to no one. Everything has been very quiet. I was expecting some protests of the elections, but there has been nothing. Not that I blame anyone. There are military everywhere. & they would shoot if anyone tried to protest, even peacefully. (I love freedom of speech!)

So life seems pretty much back to normal. Although I am glad that we did not have to leave or were in harms way, I'm a little sad that nothing is going to change anytime soon. Praying for patience. :)

& just to prove life is back to normal, i got pulled over today, and within 2 minutes of the police officer talking with me, he asks me "so what are you going to give me?" I tell him I won't give him anything, I don't pay bribes, and he just smiled, and tried to explain to me why it's not a bribe, it's just a gift. After trying to convince me for 15 minutes, that he would take me to court, he let me go on my way. Awwwww, gotta love the law enforcement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh what an interesting life you lead. Hope you are always safe with these guys. Warmer today. Love ya Gaylene