The last month has been a time of refreshment for me. My parents came for almost a whole month in September! It was wonderful. It's always nice to close the gap between your life in another country and the people you hold so dear. I often feel like I live in two different worlds that don't ever intersect, so it's really nice when they do.
Some highlights of my parents trip. 1. Going on safari w/ them to Murchison Falls. We didn't see any Lion, but it was great to get away with them. 2. My dad making my garden beautiful! He was out there everyday working, and wow, what a difference! 3. Going on a last minute get away to Sipi Falls. 4. Having them lavish their attention on the kids. It is so wonderful to have not only someone else entertain the kids for a while, but i love just seeing the kids playing with my parents. 5. My dad's birthday dinner. We were able to go out without the kids for a nice dinner, and it was a great night of some good adult conversation! I could go on, but you get the point. It was good for me to have them here. It refreshed me.
I was overwhelmed at how good God has been to me this past year. I feel very undeserving, but oh so loved. Life is not easy, but God is good and faithful, and it was so nice to be able to look back and see that.
And I just have to say that we have some wonderful Interns here that were willing to watch our kids for the four days we were gone! The kids had a blast, and we didn't worry about them a second!
1 comment:
Amy, I'm so glad you got some time with your folks! And I'm glad you got to take a little trip, too. Post more pics of Uganda!
Love you,
Julie
Post a Comment