This summer I watched 2 boys for 3 weeks. They are in the process of being adopted by a single guy here, but he was heading back to the states to raise support for his NGO. He was gone for 5 weeks, and hadn't found anyone to watch the boys, so I volunteered to take them for 3. I figured 3 weeks, no problem!
It was CRAZY! Have I ever told you that growing up I always said that I wanted 7 kids... yep 7. I don't think I want 7 anymore. Plus I'm pretty sure Jesse would leave me.
But honestly, the boys are actually really good. They are 5 & 4 and overall would listen to me.... but they are 5 & 4 and they are BOYS. So they really can only be that good. The whole time they stayed with me, I could only keep thinking of our friends who have 5 boys. & i just kept wondering how they kept their house in order, and I never remember it being very loud at their place.... honestly, i just remembered our kids being the loud ones. But let me tell you, it was loud here for those 3 weeks. Of course it doesn't help that our house is made of marble, so noises just echo off of everything, but it was loud, all the time. & man those boys could eat! Jesse & I were amazed how they could pack it away. But overall it was good, and once they left I realized that having my three kids is EASY! This mom thing is no problem. ; ) It was amazing how easy it felt. I felt like i could really spend time with them, and get some toys put away, and actually have some time to myself.
So maybe not 7.... but I am hoping for at least one more (it's different when they're your own kids, right!?).... but i have to make sure Jesse will stick around first!
p.s. I know, they are adorable!
1 comment:
Glad all went well with you 5. WOW Sounds like you did good. Let us know when you get your 4th. Wow will plane tickets get expensive. Grandma
Post a Comment