I didn’t realize how much freedom I would feel from having a car though. But this past weekend it was so great to just be able to hop in our car and go wherever we wanted to go. And when we were done at the grocery store, to just get in our car and go home, with not having to wait 30 minutes for a taxi to come get us.
If we didn’t have kids it wouldn’t be as much of a big deal. Most people around here get around on Bodas (motorcycles). It’s how Jesse gets to work. I have not rode one yet, which Jesse gives me a hard time about. Honestly, i’m a little scared. If you saw the driving here, you would understand. But besides that, there is no way with three kids that I can get around with them on a boda. Now I have seen 3 kids and 2 adults on one before, but I know we are not that talented. So we’ve been tied down to using Taxi’s. But they aren’t all over, like tuk tuks were in Sri Lanka. So you have to usually call to have one pick you up, hence the long waiting.
So I love having a car! :) I drove quite a bit this weekend, b/c Jesse could be in the passenger seat telling me where to go. & only once did I almost hit another car. I find the driving kind of fun, b/c really anything goes. It is weird driving on the other side of the road, but luckily there are usually lots of cars everywhere so it helps remind you what side to be on. My biggest nervousness about driving is not knowing where I am going. There are no street signs, and the roads curve here and there, up and down hills, so even looking at a map is not always helpful. So hopefully I will be able to find my way home!
1 comment:
That is great you got your car. Your life will be much easier for sure. have fun. Good for the kids to be able to get out when you want to also. Hot here. 98degrees. God Bless Gaylene
Post a Comment