Sunday, March 29, 2009

Global Prayer Gathering

This weekend is IJM's annual Global Prayer Gathering (GPG). I look forward to this every year. It is truly a time to come together with others who are passionate about justice and call out to our God. This year is a little different for me though. We are going...we are going to be doing this work?! In the past I've been able to go and really pray for others and be amazed at what God is doing all over the world. This year i think it's hit me even harder. I can not tell you how humbled and blessed I felt as i was sitting in the Uganda prayer room, and just listened to people call out to God to do mighty work in Uganda, and know that we are going to be able to have a front row seat to what God is going to do. WOW! amazing. I also felt convicted. Just before I got there I was home, worried & stressed about how was i ever going to get everything done before we have to leave. And then as I was walking out the door, found this...




Yes, Isaac found a permanent black marker and decided to color on our new carpet, our desk, and one of Rachel's shoes. So as you can imagine I was not in a very good mode when I got back to the GPG. But how quickly I was reminded of what others are going through, and how lucky i am to even have a house to even have carpet in. Why is it that I am so easily distracted with my own petty needs?

1 comment:

Erin said...

you need mr. clean magic eraser... so excited for you guys! Would love to hear how it all came about for you guys to go there.