Thursday, August 09, 2007

We got it!


We got our I-171H today! We are officially approved by the US government to adopt 1 or 2 children from Ethiopia. We were told that this usually takes anywhere from 3 to 9 weeks, they were right on...it took us 6 1/2.

We can now officially wait for a referral! I'm just so glad to have this step done. I've heard horror stories of things being lost, or not just coming for months & months, so I am very grateful that ours has come with no problems.

Now we continue to pray for who God has for our family, and wait for a referral. Our agency says this will take any where from 2-4 months, but sometimes it has happened even faster. So we'll wait with excitement. :)

11 comments:

Julie and Brian said...

Woo-Hoo!! That's fabulous! I'm glad you're so close to bringing your new child (or children!) home.

Anonymous said...

Right on! Love the picture with the news ... you crazy kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! You make my eyes leak a little! So happy you got the paperwork okay!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congratulations, you three. Loved the picture of you celebrating also.!!!!Can hardly wait for he news you have a referal and will be leaving. God Bless. Been reading the other blogs. Those children are adorable. Love you all Gaylene

Amy said...

great news! I am very excited to wait with you guys for your referral! Cute picture by the way!

Cindy said...

very happy for you guys. i have been keeping up a bit via blog since amy (de) and josh got little silas. so many people adopting from ethiopia these days.

cindy crowder (darr)

Erica said...

Horray!!! Thats SUPER news! Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

SWEET!

Anonymous said...

congratulations...that is awesome!!!

Karyn said...

Congratualtions!!! We're excited for you! We're eagerly awaiting the referral news.

obligato said...

Hi!! we are an hour and a half from Chattanooga! I would love to meet you guys...