Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

We've been getting a lot of rain lately. In the past 24 hours it has stopped raining for about 20 minutes total. The average rainfall in October is 348mm. In comparrison Virginia gets about 782mm of rain a year. So as you can tell I'm a little rained out. : )

Usually it is nice in the mornings and then around 4 gets cloudy & then starts to rain from 5pm onwards into the evening. We've also had some incrediable lightning storms too. God did give us a nice surprise the other day though. It was a beautiful rainbow. Here's a picture, looking at it from our balcony. (the picture doens't really do it justice-but do they ever?!)



Jesse's working hard putting the proposal together. He has to have it done by Nov. 11th. It looks like we will be coming back to the states early December. We are looking forward to seeing friends & family again, but not really looking forward to the cold weather. : ) Although at this point I think I would rather have snow than rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bet you are getting tird of rain. California sure needs some with bad wild fires four firemen dead yeaterday. We could use more also. Pretty rainbow. Love ya Gaylene

Anonymous said...

Hi I am enjoying your blog!First time I've had time to realy read it. I love all the pictures. I am fine but having a hard time using and believing all the new fangled machines.
Love Grandma Rudy